Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Itinerary for the Riverside Type-In and Antique Mall Crawl

Salutations Typospherians!

Just wanted to toss up a quick type-in itinerary and map link for all going to the Type-in on Sunday!

Just in case you need a look at the flyer again.


We will be meeting at Molinos Coffee at 10:00AM sharp and will be there, typing, talking machines and ect. until 2:00PM (unless there is a group decision to begin the Mall Crawl earlier, which could be moved up as early as noon--your choice guys!). Due to the size of Mission Galleria, we may have to split into two groups: those who want to crawl just the Galleria and those who want to crawl the other shops in town. The Galleria is a really fun antique store, but it generally doesn't have a whole lot in the way of typewriters (watches and clocks, on the other hand...). That being said, those who want to do some machine hunting, follow the little red scooter, overburdened with typewriters! Our first stop will be Old Glory General Store, which has a back room that is great for typer hunting. It's located at 4344 Market St. From there we will continue down Market to the best typer hunting grounds in town: Elizabeth Street. 3772 Elizabeth is but one of seven Shops that has things I think most Typospherians would be interested in. It is Renaissance Book Store, and has books on typers, pens and writing instruments, and scores of other things. It is surrounded by five antique stores-all of which I have found and bought machines in-and Goodwill. The antique stores are Forget-Me-Not, Guerrero's Treasures & Collectibles, AnnTiques, Flamenco and another in the alley between Forget-Me-Not and Flamenco that I cannot remember the name of, but I picked up my Hermes 3K from there. Guerrero's and Forget-Me-Not's are stores you don't want to miss; the bulk of my local-found collection has come from these two stores, as well as many other things non-typewriter related.

Spoiler alert: keep your eyes peeled for a sight like this on the streets, and follow me!


I'm excited to see Typospherians and locals alike at the Type-In! Come if you can and enjoy! See you Sunday!

-Anna.


9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Richard! I really love it. I ride it more places than my motorcycle.

      Delete
  2. Best success for your type in. Scooter looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bill! I'm hoping for a good turn out; we'll see. And thank you again! I adore it. I'm hoping to put a 180cc kit in it so it goes just a tiny bit faster though!

      Delete
  3. Owing to my location across the Pacific Ocean, I can't come, but it sounds like a day very well spent! Have fun for me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww sorry you're so far away, Steve! We will and I'll take lots of pictures, promise. ^_^

      Delete
  4. I like the Woodstock. :-) I hope that it's a great turn-out for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brian! I have to post that one's story soon; it's kinda funny. Thank you for the encouragement; I hope so, too!

      Delete
  5. Have fun today! Looking forward to the report.

    ReplyDelete